IT requirements are changing rapidly today. Having a secure, reliable network connection is no longer an option when trying to run a business. Up-to-date hardware, software, and security solutions are now essential in your day-to-day operations.
Without ongoing support and service to keep your IT running smoothly, you’re simply wasting your IT dollars, and setting your business up for serious downtime. You’ll be vulnerable to huge repair costs when you’re forced to call in a tech to fix things. In this scenario, just a small problem can quickly become a very costly one.
Smart organizations have moved away from using break-fix services to Managed IT Services—Why? Because they want to stay up and running.
Fortune 500 Companies Were the First to Use Managed IT Services.
As IT systems became more complex, large companies realized that they required certified professionals to be on call 24 hours a day, every day. And, they found that it was more cost effective for them to hire offsite MSPs (Managed Service Providers) to handle their specific IT needs.
In the past, it was prohibitive for smaller companies to use these services. But today, as the MSP movement has grown, companies, no matter what size, can take advantage of the services they provide. MSPs focus on prevention, and dealing with IT issues before they create real problems.
The Problem with Break Fix Service—It’s Expensive!
The break-fix strategy no longer works for businesses today. If you still use this method of IT service, you risk downtime that can literally shut your business down.
With Break-Fix Services:
- A tech typically charges by the hour. This encourages him to focus on billable hours. It doesn’t benefit him if your network runs as it should. You could find yourself repeatedly calling them to help with a problem that never quite gets resolved.
- A minor computer problem can quickly turn into a disaster. This is especially so today with the increase in cybercrime like ransomware. What starts out with just one malicious email, can spread throughout your entire network, locking down your data, and your operations.
- It could take days to repair your network. In the meantime, your employees won’t have access to the data they need to continue working. You’re simply “bleeding money” by the minute.
- Your IT service provider starts charging you after you’ve already lost worktime. Time spent on repairs or updates can add up fast.
- It’s impossible to predict how much to budget for IT services. You can’t know what will happen or how expensive it might be.
The Answer—Managed IT Services
The difference between “break-fix” and Managed IT Services? Break-fix provides on-site repair after a problem is identified, where Managed IT Services provide ongoing maintenance, updates, and support to prevent problems from occurring in the first place. With Managed IT Services, you know that your business technology and data are protected 24/7:
- You can finally focus on running your business and not on IT worries. Your MSP will minimize or eliminate downtime that could hit your bottom line.
- Your IT support can be provided remotely without a tech visiting your office. There will be instances that require in-person care, such as hardware replacement. However, most of what affects your day-to-day operations can be worked on by a remote technician.
- You’ll benefit from a flat-rate payment model, allowing you to budget your IT plan more effectively. You’ll be able to plan for growth far more easily and with greater peace of mind.
- IT maintenance from an MSP is more cost-effective than relying on break-fix solutions, especially when you consider the lost revenue from downtime.
Remote IT support is more cost effective than hiring in-house technicians.
The choice is easy, more expensive, inconsistent, unreliable break-fix services? —Or reliable, affordable Managed Services that provide:
- 24/7/365 Services
- Increased operational efficiency
- Increased productivity
- Up-to-date IT solutions
- Security patches and alerts
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Minimized downtime
- Enterprise-level solutions and support
- Controlled IT costs
- The ability to focus on what you need to do
- Peace of mind
The Future of Your Business Depends on Quality Managed IT Services.
To plan for the growth of your business, your MSP can devise an IT Roadmap for the future. They will consider the following, and how they apply to your business as it grows.
- Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity
To back up your data remotely and securely so you can easily and quickly recover in the event of any IT disaster.
- Data Security
With the ever-increasing threats from cybercriminals, they can conduct risk assessments to ensure your data is protected, and your staff is trained to ensure the maximum security of your network.
- Remote Monitoring and Maintenance (RMM)
To continually view your network, identify risks and quantify attacks and/or breaches. This way IT issues are addressed before they cause major downtime.
- Identity and Access Management
To ensure only authorized individuals have access your IT resources. This is crucial to comply with security requirements, and important for any business.
- Optimization and Consolidation
To analyze and resolve inefficiencies in your existing IT assets, and consolidate resources and operations that improve efficiencies and reduce IT costs.
- Efficient Use of Cloud Computing
Which provides reliable and scalable access to resources, applications, and services. Software as a Service (SaaS) uses cloud-computing that provides a single application to multiple users in any location, instead of using the traditional one application per desktop. This provides scalability of resources as your business grows, and can reduce the need for costly hardware and software.
- IT Budget and Cost Control
To plan for the future, your MSP can help you design and implement a cost-control process for IT service, support and equipment procurement. They can suggest strategies to achieve your company’s priorities and plans with savings in mind.
- IT Mobility
Today, your business competes in a mobile, technology-driven economy. You may already rely on mobile technologies. IT Mobility solutions ensure secure access to data, tools and applications from any location. Your MSP will help you employ BYOD policies in a secure fashion, to enhance productivity, and employee satisfaction.
- Secure File Sharing
Your MSP will ensure you implement secure file-sharing services, so authorized employees can collaborate more effectively on projects, by sharing, accessing and editing files in real time.
- Virtualization: Servers, Desktop, Storage, Applications, Data Center
Your MSP can help you benefit from virtualization technology by creating virtual servers, desktops, storage devices, applications, and computer network resources. They can virtualize your entire IT infrastructure or just specific aspects of it. This simplifies your overall IT infrastructure to promote efficiencies and reduce costs.
Don’t waste your IT dollars or risk serious downtime by relying on break-fix services. To learn more about Managed IT Services and how they will benefit your business, contact ComTech at (254) 770-1210 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ComTech has been a trusted partner with dozens of organizations such as yours in Central Texas.Trained expert team at your side:
ActiveCare™ server monitoring and management teams have developed an extensive knowledge base over the years as we manage many infrastructures around the state.
- 24x7 services:
- The ActiveCare™ team monitors and manages your systems around the clock, 365 days a year.
- Fixed price:
- No surprises at the end of the month; Our fixed pricing means you know exactly how much it’s going to cost you no matter how many issues have been resolved.
- Why waste money investing in software you never use or that is hard to manage? Whether you add a client, retire a server, or close down an office you are only charged for what you’ve used during the agent installation.